Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Product Placement

               

After class on Monday, I really started to think about how much effect product placement actually had on me.  At first I think everyone feels like they are very resistant towards being influenced to chose a certain brand after seeing it in a movie or show.  But the more I think about my own experience and how easily I can relate a brand to a certain movie, it seems more obvious that it does work.

Product placement works in the sense that it gets me thinking about their particular product over the competitors.  It doesn't necessarily make me want to go out and purchase a product right after I see it in the movie or show.

I think it has a lot more to do with your subliminal awareness.  This can have a huge influence on you in the long run because when it comes time to buy a product and when you are choosing which brand to get, that image in the back of your mind reminds you that youve seen it before and for whatever reason it is superior to other brands.


Image Credit: http://itthing.com/wp-content/uploads/capture7.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment