Thursday, April 26, 2012

Consumer Behavior is everywhere




After attending my Marketing 343: Consumer Behavior for this past semester, I have come to realize that consumer behavior is everywhere.  Whether Im out deciding what brand of soda to buy or Im doing research on

It all seems to start with some sort of motivation or need when you are consuming any type of product or service.  From there you can look at yourself and your consciousness  of why exactly you make some decisions.  This ended up being a big one for me because I soon realized that I make some purchasing decisions based off of my past experiences while growing up.  And for me once I realized what I am motivated by, I almost challenged myself to try a new brand or switch things up a bit.  This was hard to me and I ended up resorting back to my original consuming pattern (this particular example was me purchasing a laundry detergent that my mother had always used while I was growing up).

I also found the subcultures and group influences very interesting.  These were two other influences that I wasnt necessarily aware of and once I realized I was making certain decisions in order to comply with a certain group or subculture, I attempted to change my ways and "do my own thing". Try to be my own person, but once I realized this is pretty much impossible because almost every decision we make was influenced by someone or something else, I just continued to make decisions based off of my own satisfaction and I quickly learned not to care what others thought.

Image Credit: http://de-motivational-posters.com/images/belonging-is-fitting-in-really-worth-the-trouble.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment