Thursday, April 12, 2012

Decision making

After listening to the decision making wikis last week, I have realized what type of decision maker I am when it comes to purchasing products.  I tend to make different decisions based on different products.

For most products that I purchase (the less expensive and not as drastic ones) my problem recognition is usually based off of my actual state being moved down.  I realize I need something when I am running out of it or I realize I dont have any left of a certain product.

My information search for these products is mostly an ongoing search.  I dont need to do research on the best type of peanut butter before I go to buy more.  But on the other hand, a more expensive buy such as a car or a nice pair of skis or even a snowmobile, I tend to do a large amount of prepurchase searching.  I put a lot more time into making sure I know what I want and I am buying the right one for the price.

When I have to decide between alternative brands I tend to go the cheaper route when it comes to small purchases such as food and stuff.  Although there are a few products out there that I am brand loyal to because of what my mom usually bought and I am used to them.  I always buy Tide laundry detergent for example.  Even though there are much cheaper generic brands out there.  As for being biased towards or against certain brands that are more expensive purchases, I have certain brands that I naturally gravitate towards due to past experience and also their good durable image.

No comments:

Post a Comment