Monday, March 5, 2012

Exposure to everything




Now that I look back on being exposed to advertisements, I have realized that everywhere I look there is an advertisement for some type of product or a promotion for a certain company.

I dont realize it right away but the images or sounds stick in my head.  If I see catch a glimpse of an ad one, I wont realize it until I see the product or service that was being advertised again a few days later and I feel like Ive seen it before and it makes me think back to what the advertisement was.

I think this has a huge part to do with subliminal perception.  The stimulus of these particular ads is just below my level of awareness to the point where I dont realize it right away but I still remember it and recognize the company or product at a later time.

This is almost a scary thought of how observant our brains really are.  They must be working overtime to take in all of these advertisements.....

Image credit  :  http://glowstik.ca/too_much_advertising.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment