Monday, February 6, 2012

Emotions and Advertisements

After doing the writing assignment in class last week about using emotions as a tool in advertisements, I really started to notice how certain commercial or ads make me feel.  One commercial that really stood out to me as an attempt to use emotions to catch consumer's attention was an ad during the super bowl yesterday.  It was the Coke commercials with the polar bears.  I think this could grab people's emotions because they were going for the "cute and cuddly" image during these ads.

Aside from TV commercials there are some pretty frightening billboards along the sides of the freeways nowadays.  The ads that really hit my emotions and gross me out are the Meth billboards.  They are just all around disturbing and really hit the nail on the head when it comes to scaring someone out of trying Meth or anything like that

No comments:

Post a Comment